Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mini Review: Last Chance Bride


Last Chance Bride

by Hope Ramsay 

 Blurb:

Dear Reader,
My boy Stone has always been the quiet one in the family, but now he's got the whole town talking. He and his long-time sweetheart Sharon are crazy about each other, but suddenly they can't see eye-to-eye on their future. Sharon thought they were going to go to college, then get married. But Stone had other plans--plans he didn't share with anyone. So it looks like our resident matchmaker Miriam is going to be wrong for the first time ever. She swears Sharon and Stone are true soul mates. Well, I think between the broken promises and Sharon's meddling mother, these two kids are going to need a miracle to make it down the aisle. . .

There's Arlene-I just need to finish her trim and then I can head over to the Watermelon Festival. Be sure to stop back by the Cut 'n' Curl for hot rollers, free coffee-and the best gossip in town.

See you real soon,

Ruby Rhodes
Review:

To start this was just a short novella about Sharon and Stone, two young lovers planning to begin their lives after high school.  Both Sharon and Stone have their own ideas of how their lives will move forward, but they are clearly in love and want to stay together after high school.  When Stone decides he doesn’t want to follow along with Sharon’s plan, she feels a bit betrayed and let down.   Working through their issues, in the end they decide that just because their paths have veered into different directions doesn’t mean they can’t travel those paths together. 

 The story was very cute and full of youthful love.  Both Stone and Sharon had to deal with their inner desires and get over any selfish and adolescent attitudes so they can make the mature decision to move forward together and hopefully build a good life together.  I enjoyed the story itself very much.

Rating:  3 stars

Rose Rating: 


Small side note:  While this story was very cute, I was looking forward to reading a more in depth and grown up story of Sharon and Stone at some point down the line. But I must say a lot of the enjoyment of this story was lost for me when I realized that Stone does get his own book later on... but Sharon is not the woman in the story. I have no problem with widowers finding love again, but this little novella built me up for a life-long love between Sharon and Stone and, when I read the blurb for the next book, I was crushed. The story itself was good and I’m sure if you've read other books in the series you'll enjoy it, but for fair warning don't read this novella thinking they will have a true HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment