Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day!


Happy Veteran’s Day to All. 

 The history of veteran’s day is very interesting and something you should all look into, but the most important part of today is recognizing those who have given their lives in proud service to keep us all safe. 

As a member of a large and proud military family, I just wanted to extend my thanks and well wishes to all who have served, on this special day.  Not only has every service branch been represented in my family one way or another, but the legacy of proud military services goes back generations.  I am proud to say I currently have my brother serving actively in the Air force and his wife, my sister-in-law, just moved from active duty into the reserves.  Along with them I have several retired and deceased veterans in my family as well. 
Whether you agree with the politics behind decisions made about our military or not, honoring those who proudly serve should be something you always devote yourself to and not just on this one day a year.  But as this day is set up as a special day, I am going to honor those military friends and family I have with a special shout-out. I am proud of them all and love them immensely for all they sacrifice for us all.

So if you know a military member, or just see one on the streets, stop for a moment and offer your thanks to them.  Remember that for them a single thank you can often remind them the reasons that they enlisted in the first place and brighten their lives and service time just a little bit.  

I also encourage you to donate to these wonderful military members in whatever way you can.   Time, care packages or simply thank you cards are always welcome for a soldier far from home (or even ones stationed stateside). www.supportourtroops.org/ is a great place to start if you’re not personally acquainted with, but would like to extend thanks to a military service member. 

Have a great Veteran’s day!

Many Blessings,
Michelle
The Romance Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment