Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.


Thanksgiving is one of the greatest traditions and a perfect excuse to get your family together and indulge yourself in an awesome meal.  This is the first year that I will be handling Thanksgiving for my family all on my own. I have my turkey thawing and all my sides planned out and I really can’t wait.  Food is definitely a very close second to my favorite hobbies.

So I wish you all a wonderful and family filled Thanksgiving.  Whatever the holiday means to you—family, football, food, or rest-- I hope you get all you want and offer your thanks for it. 


In Honor of my first time doing thanksgiving, I want to share with you all, my recipe for my favorite Thanksgiving Day dessert.  After all that rich and carb filled thanksgiving dinner I go for something even richer and CHOCOLATY!


Chocolate Pecan Pie (the twist on a southern classic)



Ingredients

·   4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
·   4 large eggs, lightly beaten
·   1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
·   1/2 cup sugar
·   1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
·   1/2 teaspoon salt
·   1 deep dish pic crust (homemade or store bought)
·   2 cup pecans (1 cup chopped)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in lowest position. In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes (or melt chocolate in microwave). Set aside. Chop 1 cup of the pecans.

2. In a medium bowl, stir together (do not whisk) eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stirring constantly, gradually add melted chocolate. Pour filling into prepared crust; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange pecans in one even layer over filling.

3. Bake just until set (filling should jiggle slightly when pie plate is tapped), 50 to 60 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let cool completely on a wire rack, at least 4 hours (or up to overnight) before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment