Sunday, June 17, 2018

Review: Ace of Hearts (The Cursed Ravens MC #1)

Ace of Hearts (The Cursed Ravens MC #1)

by Chantal Fernando

Blurb:
Erin Dawson had the perfect life growing up in a perfect home with a perfect family. Her parents gave her and her sister everything a child could want. But after learning that the man she’s called “dad” her whole life isn’t actually her biological father, Erin is determined to find the man who is.
Armed with her original birth certificate, she finds her father, but begins questioning if her mom had been right all along to keep this information buried. It turns out he is the president of a motorcycle club, which could not be further from the life Erin leads. But, she’s determined to get to know the man who she gets her striking blue eyes from. Despite getting what she wants and finding her biological father, it’s the slightly older, much rougher but incredibly sexy biker Ace that catches Erin’s eye.
As the new “princess” of the Cursed Ravens, Erin is learning a whole new world, but her father has made it clear she is off limits. Will Ace follow his President’s orders or will he put his heart ahead of his duty?  
Themes: Contemporary
Rating: 4.25 stars
Heat Rating: 
Review:
Ok, so I wasn’t too sure about this new series, not to mention a new author, but when the comparison was made to one of my favorites, Kristen Ashley, I figured I’d give it a try.  Plus the story blurb and the cover were too hot to resist, so I figured what-the-hey.  I also need to add that I am rarely a fan of first-person POV in a romance because it takes a truly gifted author to make me enjoy it as much as I would if it was written in third-person, so that gave me a bit of trepidation as well.   All that said, I truly enjoyed Ace and Erin’s story and I look forward to reading more in this series and by this author as well.  Erin has thrown caution to the wind and run away from home to meet her birth father, now that she knows she has been lied to her entire life, but she never knew the world she would find herself embroiled in when she found him. Erin has led a mostly sheltered life and finding herself suddenly the princess of a motorcycle club and instantly in lust with an overbearing and sexy biker is way out of her comfort zone.  Ace has no idea what he is getting into when he takes it upon himself to lead Erin into her new life and he is falling for her quickly, but when Erin runs from him, he learns that the connection has become a part of him that he cannot live without.  Erin was a bit of a wishy-washy one, even if she had moment or two of strength and I found myself unsure if I liked her or not right up until the end when she truly proved to me that she is going to grow into a woman that will be a bitch in the best sense of the word! Ace was a tricky one, but once I got to know him I loved him, even more than Erin did and I want to find me a man just like him for myself.  Bad ass bikers, drama, danger, and amazing men leading life their own way is going to lead to an interesting series, so I am looking forward to the next story in the series, Knuckle Down, which I intend to read very, very soon.  I think I may have another author quickly becoming a favorite. 
*ebook provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment