Friday, June 22, 2018

Mini Review: Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper #5)

Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper #5)

by Donna Grant 

Blurb:
There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I'm coming for you...
To some Fae, I am their worst nightmare. For I do Death’s bidding. But for all our strength and skill, a powerful enemy has risen up. Finding Ettie could change everything. The Half-Fae is our one chance. She’s sharp and strong and fierce. She steals my breath every time I'm near her. And looking into her eyes is like a bolt of lightning right through me. She’s what I’ve been waiting for my long, dark existence. But for us to be together, we must first stay alive…
Themes: Paranormal, Fae, Dragon-shifters
Rating: 3.5 stars
Heat Rating: 


Review:
For fans of the Dark World that Donna Grant has built, the newest addition to the Reaper series, Dark Alpha’s Night, is another masterpiece, even though its shorter length could be somewhat misleading.  Daire and Ettie were a joy to get to know and to see fall in love through the drama and danger hunting them.  I have been wondering when Daire would find his love and was thrilled to get to know him more. Ettie was a great match for him and together they made true magic, but the love between them was the most magical part of this story.  I was thrilled for all the interactions of characters from the Dark Kings series of course and love seeing how these two series have become so intertwined of late.  Daire is a sexy and alpha hero with just the perfect level of vulnerability that makes a woman lust after him while at the same time wanting to protect and care for him. For anyone that hasn’t read these two series the little bits and pieces of each that interact together might be a bit confusing, but in the end there is enough greatness and backstory in each, that the reader can love it anyway.  I love this series and cannot wait for whatever story comes next, but I can guarantee that anything from Donna is going to be magic.
*ebook provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment