Friday, December 11, 2015

Review: Dead by Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)

Dead by Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)

by Pamela Clare 

Blurb:

Marc and Sophie Hunter, Gabe and Kat Rossiter, Holly Andris and the rest of the I-Team gang find themselves in the same historic Denver hotel celebrating the approach of Christmas at different holiday parties. What starts out as a fun winter evening with friends soon becomes a brutal fight to survive when the hotel is taken over by a group of ruthless narco-terrorists who will stop at nothing to get what they want.
On the outside, Julian Darcangelo, Zach McBride, Nick Andris and others join together with the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team to free their friends, knowing that if they fail, the people they love will be…
Dead by Midnight.


Themes: Holiday, Contemporary, End of Series
Rating: 4.75  stars
Heat Rating: 
Review:
 When I heard Pamela announce that she would be doing a holiday novella to serve as the official end to the I-Team series my emotions was frankly mixed.  While I enjoy novellas as much as the next girl I just didn’t think she would accomplish her true greatness in so short a story, and of course I cried for a while learning that the series was ending. But I was also thrilled that we would get to see the couples that have come together again as lead characters.  I will warn that this is more of a recap and continuation, not a novella where a new couple comes together, and there are a lot of tears and fears coming in this short story.  I can honestly say I have not cried this hard, both happy and sad tears, in a good long while, the story was that emotional.  The beginning of the story leads the readers to think we are just going to get to see the couples, intimately, enjoying their love and then coming together to celebrate the holidays.  Then all hell breaks loose and Pamela gives her characters the ultimate test of love again and again.  The couples have to battle their way free of terrorists, find a way to keep each other and their friends alive, and still serve the greater good in their typical self-sacrificing way.  I am sorry to see this series end, but Pamela writes with such aplomb that you find yourself sending the characters off in hopes they are safe and happy for all time, as if they are good friends you are leaving behind as you move forward.  Thankfully we can always go back to visit and renew friendships with rereading and reliving their love stories.  You have been an inspiration to us all Pamela and there is no way that anything you write in the future won’t be an instant hit with your fans.  Keep up the awesome writing and I can personally guarantee a life-long fan in me.

*eARC provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment