Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mini- Review: Dare to Submit

Dare to Submit (Dare to Love #4)

by Carly Phillips

Blurb:

Decklan Dare knows about the unexpected loss of loved ones and for this reason, he values control in all areas of his life. Amanda Collins enjoys the freedom she finds in casual encounters without the emotional connection a relationship brings. They meet and their physical attraction is mutual but both experience feelings that could run deeper – if they drop their guard and let each other in. Decklan is first to trust, but when he discovers the secret Amanda’s been hiding, will he forgive? Or will he rebuild every wall before she has a chance to explain?
Themes: contemporary, BDSM
Rating: 3.5 stars
Heat Rating: 
Review:
While I can honestly say I enjoyed this story while I was reading it, it didn’t seem to leave a very lasting impression on me.  As I write this review only a week after finishing the book, I find myself unable to remember many of the details that normally stick in my brain with a truly memorable story.   The passion was there, but the story itself didn’t stick with me and at least the characters were a bit more lasting than the story itself. The previous stories seemed to have more connection for me, Decklan and Amanda’s story while passionate at the time was not the great story I was hoping for.  This is the first time that I can say I have almost no memory of the details of the story though I can recall it being enjoyable at the time.
So that being said I can only give my general feelings about the book and the series in general.  This story, centered on the Dare cousins in NY, involves a bit more sensuality and passionate exploration that we are used to in Carly Phillips novels generally. Decklan is a very sensual man, one that has his little quirks, and it is obvious that when he meets the woman meant to snare his heart, he will do all in his ability to keep her and keep her happy.  Amanda was the one character I didn’t connect with and honestly cannot remember that much about her.  I know she went through an exploration of her sexuality with Decklan leading her and teaching her about the importance of being open, but can't remember much more about her. 
While I usually find a wonderful connection to Carly’s novels, this one sadly let me down, though I shall certainly reread it and see if the experience improves any.  I’m looking forward to the return to the original Dare siblings and the connection I have with them.  I am looking forward to further chances to learn more about the Dare family as they find love.  Hopefully future novels will provide the intensity and memorable story this one lacked for me and take me back to the love of all books by Carly Phillips.

*eARC provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided. 


No comments:

Post a Comment