Monday, April 10, 2023

ARC Review: Coming Home for Us (The Wilder Brothers #4)

Coming Home for Us (The Wilder Brothers #4)

Carrie Ann Ryan

Blurb:

I made plans. I followed the path. I fell in love.

Then the world took her away from me.

I swore to never love again, and I’ve done all I could to keep that vow.

But life finds a way and I can’t stop this burning attraction with my best friend.

Maddie stood by me when my world shattered.

She deserves more than a broken man who promised to never love again.

Only I swear she feels the same way about me. And I have no idea what to do about it.

Now she might leave the Wilders and I can’t tell her to stay—even if it means shattering the one piece of me I have left.


Themes:  Contemporary, Second Chances

Rating: 4.75 stars

Heat Rating: 

Review:

 We have all been waiting for this story, with baited breath, ever since the beginning of the series, but definitely since the end of book three and I am proud to say that Carrie Ann Ryan has totally outdone herself with it. This series is one that will tug so strongly on your heart, making you cry just as often as you laugh and have you falling in love with the Wilders repeatedly, but I warn you now, that if you are coming into the series late, pack your tissues because this is one is a serious tearjerker.  I have been a fan of this series since it spun-off from the Montgomery World with the Wilders sister Eliza and I have no regretted one moment of the tears, laughter and love I’ve experienced. I cannot wait for the last two books in the series, but more than anything I look forward to these Wilders all finally finding love and peace after their tragic and difficult pasts.

Elijah Wilder is finally digging himself out of the metaphorical grave that he found himself in two years ago when he buried the woman that was to become his fiancĂ©.  Though he knows he still loves her, he’s learning it’s time to move on as well and try to find some peace and happiness again. Maddie once believed that Elijah would be the man she loved and had a future with, but after the loss he suffered she has finally let those dreams go, and it might be time for her to move on.  Now they are stuck together working on a huge project for their Winery, one that could put them on the map, but it also sets Maddie and Elijah down a path that neither of them ever imagined they would travel.   When the passion between them finally explodes, they decide they will give their relationship a chance and see where it goes, but can two people both so broken find a way to embrace the happiness they can shared? Or will the past forever haunt their present and keep them from having a future together?

I loved every second of this story, even when I had ugly tears rolling down my face and had to put the e-reader down so I could catch my breath.  Maddie and Elijah were both so beautifully damaged and needed one another in order to heal, even though they couldn’t see that need as easily as those around them could.  Maddie was a woman at her wits’ end for sure, done with fighting for a man that is unwilling to fight to keep himself in the world of the living.  But once he shows her the smallest opening she works her ass off to prove that she can be there to heal his heart and offer him all the love she had in her heart.  Her sass, sweetness, irreverence, humor, and vulnerabilities made her a beautiful character to learn about.  Elijah, like most of the Wilder men, was an ass a few times, needing a swift kick in the rear so that he didn’t totally screw up and lose the love that Maddie was offering with a stupid decision.  He definitely had some serious PTSD and fears to work through, but once he managed to get over that, he offered himself fully and proved to Maddie that he was worth the risk.  I hated to see him dealing with the pain of his lose, but actually watching him deal with it made me proud of him.  The heat between them was off the charts and no one could doubt the passion was enough to keep their fires burning for long years to come.  I loved the healing these two managed together and that they finally found a way to release their pain and share their hearts.  I am dying for the next story, East and Lark, and cannot wait to finally get to dig into the enigma that is East and learn what makes him tick.  Out-of-this-world Spectacular, Carrie!

*eARC provided by author for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment