Sunday, July 15, 2018

ARC Review: Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper #6) by


Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper #6)

by Donna Grant 

Blurb:
There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I’m coming for you…
Where Death leads, I follow. Nothing will stop me from my duty – not even the darkness that claims me. It’s the music that leads me from the dark, returning me to my brethren and a new foe that has risen. Learning who hunts Thea could be the key to unraveling what we need to know to defeat our enemy. The Half-Fae’s music stirs a passion within me that I’ve never known. For her, I will break my vow of silence. For her…I will risk everything.
Themes: Paranormal, Fae
Rating: 4.25 stars
Heat Rating: 

Review:
Well that was surprising… and I didn’t realize how many times I would be having that thought in this rather short novel.  I have really enjoyed getting to know these Reapers and was sad that their series was going to be coming to an end, an inherent part of any series based around a character-set with a  certain number—there are always only seven reapers—so I was thrilled to know that wasn’t going to be the case after all. When Eoghan went missing there was a hole in his team and that loss was felt strongly, so when I realized this story was his return, I knew I was going to enjoy every second of seeing him fall in love. Thea was a real sweetheart, obviously the type of woman that has lived her life on her own terms, but has resided mostly in her own head and survived on her musical talent.  If you are just coming into this series, this book is a good one to jump in on, giving you plenty of back story and letting you fall in love with the characters while at the same time not leaving you longing for the subtle details you might have missed.  Eoghan was a man after my own heart, broken by his past for thousands of years, when he looks into the eyes of the woman who saved him from the Dark he knows immediately that Thea is different and his life will never be the same now that she is in it.  I loved seeing him overcoming his fear and his past in order to let Thea into his heart so that he could gift it to her.  Thea was a dangerous temptation to Eoghan without even trying to be, but her grounded nature and ability to remain humble even in the face of all the magic and danger around her shows her to be a truly unique individual.  I enjoyed watching her find her place in Eoghan’s world and when she stood up to the enemy that made herself known, I fell as madly in love with her as Eoghan had.  I loved every second of the passion between these two and I was sad to see the end of the story, but I know there will be more magic coming soon.  I am thrilled that the series will be continuing and loved learning more about the Dark world and the Dragon Kings series as well as the Reapers and cannot wait for the next book in the entire world and of course whatever comes next in the series.  If you love the Dark World books, jump on this one now, if you haven’t read her (crazy people) then I still suggest running out and grabbing the entire Reaper series and the Dark Kings series if nothing else.  Then you can spread your wings slowly!

P.S. Still no reveal on the secret of Rhi’s lover, though there was a bit of hinting!
*eARC provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment