Sunday, December 10, 2017

Mini Review: Maybe This Summer (Colorado Ice #2.5)

Maybe This Summer (Colorado Ice #2.5)

by Jennifer Snow 


Blurb:

Always a wingman . . .
Owen McConnell is used to being ignored. After all, it's only when he appears as the Colorado Avalanche's team mascot that he gets all the attention. When the costume is off, women tend to gravitate toward his famous hockey player friends. But after he meets lovely, damaged Paige Adams, he knows he can be the star player for her. She's raising funds for the hospital burn unit, and Owen's determined to help her out---and sweep her off her feet.
The burn unit has been near and dear to Paige's heart ever since the doctors helped her after a vicious attack. Yet the scars---both emotional and physical---haven't faded as much as she'd hoped. She's closed herself off from relationships, and the thought of opening up is terrifying. But Owen's sexy charm might be just the push Paige needs to start loving again.
Themes: Contemporary
Rating: 4.75 stars
Heat Rating: 
Review:
 So this story had so many feels in it that I had to confine myself to my bathtub with my glass of wine and plate of chocolate covered strawberries to keep my family from thinking I was hormonal as I read the story.  One moment I was laughing the next I was crying and then I would be on fire from the heat of passion between these two.  I won’t deny that there are often many emotions in a romance novel that grab me by the heart strings but this story was exceptionally emotional and so well-written that I could not put it down. Owen and Paige have both been through so much in their lives and neither of them are the best at putting themselves out there for fear of getting hurt, but when push comes to shove they are so perfect for one another that I was thrilled to watch them fall in love.  This series has been one that I enjoyed form the very beginning after stumbling onto it as a netgalley first in a series read, a new to me author and one that I have added to my auto-read list.  Owen runs into Paige when he is playing backup, again, for his best friend and though she doesn’t seem to see him, he remains determined to get her attention and to show her that the connection he feels is reciprocated.  Paige feels that connection too, but it scares her; after a tragedy left her scarred she hasn’t been able to trust any man to love her for who she is now and hasn’t the courage to put herself out there for the rejection.  Owen slowly wears her down and soon she sees that the sweet and loving man he is will never let her down and that he just might be right that he is the man for her. The heat between these two when they quit fighting it was enough to keep my bath water from needing to be replaced (wink* wink*) and I was thrilled to see the way they handled one another’s perceived physical defects.  Ms. Snow obviously understands the human nature to take even the smallest physical flaw and amplify it in our own minds until it is entirely out of proportion until the right person reminds us just how beautiful we truly are. I enjoyed every second of this story, even though I was exhausted emotionally after reading it, feeling like I had lived every moment right along with the characters, and I cannot wait for the next in the series.  I can see that I will be keeping Jennifer on my shelves for a long time to come. Thanks for another great experience Ms. Snow, keep the masterpieces coming.   

*ebook provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment