Thursday, November 23, 2017

Review: Santa Paws is Coming to Town (The Dogfather #3.5)

Santa Paws is Coming to Town (A Dogfather Short Tail) (The Dogfather #3.5)

by Roxanne St. Claire 

Blurb:
What could be more joyous than a Kilcannon Christmas? But for Daniel Kilcannon, the man they call “The Dogfather,” this holiday season is anything but happy. It’s been three years since he’s lost his wife and though his family is growing – thanks to his matchmaking efforts – he still dreads the day his dearly departed wife used to love so much. Determined to make Christmas Eve festive and fun, he puts his sadness aside for the family and pretends everything is normal…until it’s not.
When a recently rescued puppy goes missing on Waterford Farm, all celebrations come to a halt. The entire family, from Gramma Finnie down to the youngest Kilcannon and their cousins, is enlisted on the search. Before they can continue the old Irish tradition of putting a candle in the window to welcome strangers, they must find little Jack Frost…and nothing short of a Christmas miracle can make that happen.
Themes: Novella, Holiday
Rating: 3.5 stars
Heat Rating: 
Review:
I have never read a single story by Rocki that I haven’t wanted to reread again and again and this story is no exception.  I was thrilled when I saw that she would be sending us a short holiday tail (sorry couldn’t resist) about my favorite new family.  The wait was going to be so long for the next story that this gave me just the fix I needed.   I was thrilled to get to meet some of the Dogfather’s extended family, which will hopefully mean there is the possibility for spinoff series later on when this one closes. There were lots of sad moments as Daniel thought back on his loses, but just as many sweet and loving moments as the new couples spent time together and as a family.  I LOVED the little plot twist at the end and most assuredly loved all the sweet animals in the story.  Rocki knows how important the love of family is and how it can keep sadness from overwhelming us when we think back on all we have lost.  But knowing that there is always more love out there reminds me why I love romance novels so much and that love truly does exist out there, if we are willing to wait and look for it. I am looking forward to the next book in the series and seeing Molly find her love again, but I know there is no way that I won’t love it every moment it’s in my hands. Thanks for the fun story Rocki; I enjoyed every second reading snuggled with my four sweet babies on a cold fall evening.  


*eARC provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment