Monday, May 26, 2014

Blessed Memorial Day


Being a member of a proud military family, I understand the importance of the men and women who work every day to protect our freedoms.  Most national holidays in the US are becoming more and more just free days for people to get together and party, with many never even understanding the true importance of the holidays.   Veteran’s day is biggie in my family as my brother is currently active duty, my sister-in-law is in the reserves, and we have several retired members as well.  But I am one of the lucky ones in that honoring Memorial Day for me remains distanced compared to most families.  Through the several wars, from Vietnam, to the gulf war, Korean conflict and even the more recent conflicts, my family members have all returned to us.

But for those whose families are not as blessed as mine, I honor your service and share my thanks for your sacrifice so I might be free to express my personal beliefs where in many countries there is no such choice.

Honoring those that have left us behind, on Monday there will be a national moment of remembrance at 3:00pm (1500 hrs).  In that moment take a chance to offer your thanks and silence to honor those that gave the greatest sacrifice that anyone can give.

So as you enjoy your barbecue, hot dogs & burgers, and visiting with friends and family, keep in mind those that will never again have that chance and the reason behind that.  

For more information and a perspective from a US marine on the reason one should never wish anyone “Happy” Memorial Day, visit the following link.
And from us here at Romance Witch reviews we send our thanks to those friends and families of the fallen and share or blessings with them in their time of memorial.

Remember "all gave some, but some gave all".

Have a Blessed day,
Michelle
The Romance Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment