Bones (Serpents of Chaos MC #6)
Chantal Fernando
Blurb:
Bones is a walking red flag.
He’s one half of
the enforcer twin duo for the Serpents of Chaos Motorcycle club.
But I didn’t know
that when I met him.
He came in as my
client.
And then he
kidnapped me.
A great start to
a relationship, right?
When his secrets
slowly start coming out, I need to decide what my limits are.
My name is
Meredith Shannon, and I’m a psychologist.
But not even I
can fix this mess.
Themes: Contemporary, Bikers
Rating: 3.5 stars
Review:
So, it’s always a little bit worrying when you
read the phrase “…he kidnapped me…” in the synopsis of a story, but knowing the
character that was going to be driving the bus in this story I wasn’t as surprised
as I probably should have been. We’ve been wondering for a little while now
just how Bones was going to really react to his twin finding his woman and
pulling away from their bond so that he could have his own relationship for the
first time in their lives. Chantal Fernando has been taking on a crazy
adventure through the minds and hearts of the Serpents of Chaos MC as they
truly lived up to their name, bringing Chaos and craziness into the lives of
the women in their town as they steal their hearts and teach them to love their
men. Bones never thought he would be the kind of man to settle down with one
woman, but when he sets eyes on psychologist Meredith she instantly sneaks
under his skin. Instantly becoming his obsession, Meredith has no idea that the
man that walks into her office seeking counseling on how to deal with the
changes in his life will soon be on a mission to make her his. When Bones
kidnaps Meredith, taking her to a remote location so they can spend time
together and get to know one another, everyone in his life questions his sanity
and choices, except ironically the psychologist who sees the beauty and vulnerability
under his brash and bossy personality. Meredith is willing to give him a chance
to be the man in her life, but can she really handle the true life of being an
Old Lady, especially one of a twin that has a very unique relationship with his
twin’s woman. There were a lot of twists and turns as Meredith and Bones had to
deal with the emotional issues in their new and quickly changing relationship,
but I enjoyed seeing them as they got to know one another and worked through
everything together, especially with the help of their MC family. Bones was a
crazy m-fer but we knew that already, so seeing the sweeter, somewhat quieter
sides of him when it was just him and Meredith together was fabulous. Meredith
had her own crazy side for sure, but she obvious was forced to use her years of
training to look at Bones and her own feelings a lot as she was forced to deal
with things she never imagined in her new world. Together they were magic and
an insta-love that you never imagine when you read about kidnappers and their
captives, but its obvious that Meredith had a good handle on what Bones needed
and what she could offer him as his woman. I loved how Skull and Ilsa had to
step in and be support for Bones when he makes a dumb mistake and almost lost
Meredith, showing that the four of them will always be a family and the support
that they need going forward. I am looking forward to seeing more of all of
them in the new books and it’ll be fun to see Meredith as she analyzes these
crazy bikers as they fall in love and FAFO in their futures. Thise series
continues to be full of crazy and sensual fun and I cannot wait for Suit and
Angel to meet their women and lose their hearts too.
*eARC provided by author for the
purpose of an honest and unbiased review. No compensation was provided.
No comments:
Post a Comment