Sunday, March 15, 2020

Review: Saint (Knights of Fury #1)

Saint (Knights of Fury #1)

by Chantal Fernando

Blurb:
Dear Skylar,
Five years. That’s a long time to go without talking to somebody, especially someone who was such a huge part of your life…
A letter from my first kiss and my childhood everything…from prison.

He may be nicknamed Saint, but this sweet, sexy biker most definitely has a wild streak. Hearing from him draws me right back into the Knights of Fury motorcycle club—the people I’ll always think of as family.

He’s still the only man I’ve ever wanted.

Each good, old-fashioned letter from my “prison pen pal” has my heart racing. Which is nothing compared to how I feel when Saint surprises me in person, as a free man.

I was just a kid the last time we saw each other, but the connection between us now is anything but innocent.

He’s the type of man who would do anything to protect his woman. And with my world crashing down around me, that’s exactly what I’m going to need.

Themes:  Contemporary
Rating: 4 stars
Heat Rating:  
Review:
 So I came into this series knowing I was going to be seriously intrigued, primarily because I have slowly fallen in love with all of Chantal Fernando’s MC series.  That being said, this series is really different then previous ones we have read, with a lot more trauma for her characters, and the emotional upheaval creates an even deeper connection that makes the love between the characters irresistible.  This series jumps back and forth a bit into the past as we get to see the way these two interacted when they were younger, but ultimately the love and sensual chemistry between them as adults is the most important part.  Sky is learning a whole new perspective on her own past and coming to terms with secrets that were kept from her, but at the same time she is trying to make changes in her life so her future can truly be her own. Saint on the other hand was just trying to reach out to someone that once made an impact on his life, but he never thought she would crash back in so hard and at such an inopportune time.  As they circle around each other, finding their way and learning about each other as they are now and with no more illusions about one another, Saint and Sky have to decide in the connection they felt so long ago was one that is strong enough to fuel a lifetime love or something that they need to let go of and just be friends. I loved seeing Skylar as she found her feet, standing up to all those around her who had spent so many years making decisions for her and unwittingly leading her destiny.  She was determined to grab life by the horns and truly live for once, including having a passionate affair with a man that had always drawn her to him, even if she didn’t understand just all he stood for.  Saint on the other hand knew the score and knew that Sky was off limits when she was younger, but once she stumbles back into their world all bets are off.  He grabs hold of the woman that she has become and determines she will be his once and for all, no way is he letting her go.  I loved the sparks they set off as they argued, loved, and lived, but the best was the times when they found a way to support and life one another to a better place in their lives.  There was a lot of pain for them to go through to get to their HEA but in the end Saint and Sky found theirs and led the MC into a place of peace despite that trauma. I am dying to see whose story comes next and what could possibly go wrong with these crazy guys and the women that seem to grab their hearts.  This series is really shaping up to be another one that will steal my hearts for a long time to come.
*ebook provided by publisher (via NetGalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment