Sunday, October 13, 2019

Review: Saint (Knights of Fury #1)

Saint (Knights of Fury #1)

by Chantal Fernando 

Blurb:
Dear Skylar,
Five years. That’s a long time to go without talking to somebody, especially someone who was such a huge part of your life…
A letter from my first kiss and my childhood everything…from prison.
He may be nicknamed Saint, but this sweet, sexy biker most definitely has a wild streak. Hearing from him draws me right back into the Knights of Fury motorcycle club—the people I’ll always think of as family.
He’s still the only man I’ve ever wanted.
Each good, old-fashioned letter from my “prison pen pal” has my heart racing. Which is nothing compared to how I feel when Saint surprises me in person, as a free man.
I was just a kid the last time we saw each other, but the connection between us now is anything but innocent.
He’s the type of man who would do anything to protect his woman. And with my world crashing down around me, that’s exactly what I’m going to need.
Themes: Contemporary
Rating: 3.75 stars
Heat Rating: 
Review:
An all new series by an author that truly understands the world of MCs and has such a way with words that it never ceases to amaze me that she can bring an outsider into that world and make it all seem so normal.  I thoroughly enjoyed the last series I read by this author, though it was my first foray into her work, and was thrilled to know that she was beginning a new series.  This story revolves around a young woman that was once a treasured princess in a MC and was pulled from that life by her money-grubbing and selfish mother when she was a teen.   Those years changed a lot for her and she never forgot the first man she loved as a father or the first boy she crushed on, so when her past reaches out to her in the form of a letter, throwing her for a loop and forcing her to confront her past and work through all the lies, she embraces the chance to change her life and finally live her life for herself. When she returns to her childhood home, looking for answers from her former stepfather, she never actually imagined she would run into Saint but when she does the draw is irrefutable and he is even more—everything—than she remembers him being.  Saint once looked at Skylar as the princess that was off limits but drew his eye, and he was biding his time, until suddenly she was gone from his life, but once she back and willing to listen to the truth, all bets are off.  Saint is an enigma to be sure, but I loved getting to know him and see him as he convinces Skylar to give him and his club a chance to be a part of her life and prove that he is the perfect man for her.  Again and again he surprised her with his thoughtfulness and sweetness, hidden just under the sexy badass that makes him the perfect biker.  Skylar was a bit naïve and immature, but her youth makes that forgivable, but thankfully she both grows up and matures a lot in this story making her much more likeable and a perfect foil for Saint.  She also makes me exceptionally proud of her several times when she tells her mother off and proves that she isn’t going to continue to live under her control and let her past be her future.  The heat between Skylar and Saint is apparent from the first second they clap eye on another again and each time they are together the fire only grows more out of control, but Saint is controlled enough that he can lead his woman into the fire and safely out the other side.  I am looking forward to the next story in this series and seeing who falls in love next and what might be coming for this club, but no matter what I imagine it will be interesting and sensual, giving me a fun experience to read.
*ebook provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment