Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Review: SEAL Wolf Surrender (SEAL Wolf #6)

SEAL Wolf Surrender (SEAL Wolf #6)

by Terry Spear 

Blurb:
For a shifter with no interest in she-wolves...he sure is territorial.
Wolf shifter and former Navy SEAL Brock Greystoke isn't interested in she-wolves. The last one in his life ambushed him with the intent to kill. So when he's tasked with helping his cousin's friend get to a wedding, he has no intention of getting involved with her...

She-wolf Natalie Silverton has inadvertently crossed a group of dangerous criminals, and she's in dire need of a bodyguard. Good thing Brock is there to protect her. At every turn, their work--and play--brings them closer to catching the criminals and to each other, but Brock will have to get them out of this alive if he has any hope of winning Natalie's heart.
Themes: Paranormal, Shifters, Wolves
Rating: 3.25 stars
Heat Rating: 
Review:
I am not sure if the timing was bad on this, or there was something about this particular one, but I really found this story was hard to get into.  Normally I devour one of these in no time flat and enjoy it, even if there are slow moments, but I can honestly say if I wasn’t so dedicated a fan this one might have ended up in my DNF pile.  I have followed this series since the very first Heart of the Wolf novel over 20 stories ago, and while some of them have been slow, usually don’t have issues, because I love Terry’s writing and her characters are usually so interesting and her plots unique.  Brock and Natalie were both okay characters with some fun characteristics that made them likeable.  Natalie is Angie’s best friend and is on her way to the wedding when she gets a little lost, Brock luckily is able to step in and give an assist.  Maybe that’s where the story lost me to begin with.  I can understand a little bit of ditz, but in this day and age there is no excuse for a woman with a phone and GPS getting lost, so I found Natalie to be just a little bit annoying and too much a damsel in distress to truly connect with her I think.  Brock was a sweet and sexy wolf to the rescue, but there was no balance in their relationship, with him always rescuing her and him being the big bad SEAL wolf.  There was not enough depth to their relationship formed.  I wanted more I think.  The details of the plot and crime, even with Rock and Natalie working together to solve the criminal enterprise were kind of boring in the depth of detail, but maybe that was just timing as I generally enjoy learning about all kind of random details like this.  The passion was a bit light until all of a sudden they were ready to mate then it was hot as hell and the mating was done.  Everything was a bit odd and disjointed to me and I just couldn’t connect with this one in the end.  I am hoping the next one drag me in like previous novels from the series have, again hoping maybe the timing of my life just keep me from being able to enjoy it. Terry will continue to be one of my go-to paranormal authors, but this one is a no for me for right now.
*ebook provided by publisher (via netgalley) for the purpose of an honest and unbiased review.  No compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment